- Router Passwords Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the different kinds of passwords that I can use for my Belkin router?
There are three main types of passwords that you need to remember when using your Belkin router. These are:
- Administrator password – This is used to log in to the web-based setup page. Belkin routers are shipped without any router administrator password but it is recommended to set one as it provides you with improved security. With an administrator password, those selected users who know the password are the only ones who can change any of the configurations in your router.
- Guest network password – This password has the same function as the Wi-Fi password, but this is used if you are connecting to a guest network.
- Wi-Fi password – This is the password that you will use if you want to connect wirelessly. Wi-Fi passwords help limit the number of users that can connect to your network.
2. How do I create or change the router’s administrator password?
Click here to know how to create or update the router’s administrator password.
3. What can I do if I forgot my router's administrator password?
If you forgot the router’s administrator password, you can reset the router to its factory defaults. To know how to reset your Belkin router, click here. However, take note that after resetting, you will lose any settings that have been previously set on the router and you may need to set it up again.
NOTE: For your Belkin router’s default password, just leave the password field blank.
4. How do I create or change my router’s Wi-Fi password?
Click here for instructions on how to create or change the Wi-Fi password of your router.
5. What wireless security types can be used for my Belkin router?
You can use WEP, WPA™ or WPA2™ security for your Wi-Fi. For instructions on how to set up the Wi-Fi password using a specific wireless security type, click here.
6. How do I find, create or change the guest network password?
Click here for instructions on how to find, create or change the guest network password.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?Search Again
WE’RE HERE TO HELPHave questions about your Belkin product? Contact our support team. CALL US
LIVE CHATA customer advocate will answer your questions. Chat is available 24 hours, 7 days a week. START LIVE CHAT
A customer advocate will answer your questions. Chat is available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Technical SupportTechnical Support Agent Unavailable
Belkin Networking Technical SupportNetworking Technical Support Agent Unavailable
RETURNS & CLAIMSFind out what to do if your product is not working as expected. Learn More