1. What are the different kinds of passwords that I can use for my Belkin router?
There are three main types of passwords that you need to remember when using your Belkin router. These are:
- Administrator password – This is used to log in to the web-based setup page. Belkin routers are shipped without any router administrator password but it is recommended to set one as it provides you with improved security. With an administrator password, those selected users who know the password are the only ones who can change any of the configurations in your router.
- Guest network password – This password has the same function as the Wi-Fi password, but this is used if you are connecting to a Guest network.
- Wi-Fi password – This is the password that you will use if you want to connect via Wi-Fi. This type of passwords helps limit the number of users that can connect to your network.
2. How do I create or change the router’s administrator password?
Click here to know how to create or update the router’s administrator password.
3. What can I do if I forgot my router's administrator password?
If you forgot the router’s administrator password, you can reset the router to its factory default settings. To know how to reset your Belkin router, click here. However, after resetting your router, you will lose settings that have been previously set on the router and you will need to set it up again.
NOTE: For your Belkin router’s default password, just leave the password field blank.
4. How do I create or change my router’s Wi-Fi password?
Click here for instructions on how to set up your router's Wi-Fi settings through the Dashboard.
5. What wireless security types can be used for my Belkin router?
You can use WEP, WPA™ or WPA2™ security for your Wi-Fi.
Click on the links below to know how to set up the Wi-Fi password using a specific wireless security type:
Setting up WEP security on the Belkin wireless router
Setting up WPA™ or WPA2™ security on the Belkin wireless router
6. What are the password requirements of each security type?
- Your network password must be 10 or 26 characters long.
- Your network password can only contain numbers and the letters A through F.
WPA / WPA2
- Your network password must be 8-63 characters long.
7. How do I find, create or change the Guest network password?
Click here for instructions on how to find, create or change the Guest network password.