This article will guide you on how to set up your Belkin N600 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender, F9K1122 using an Ethernet cable. Follow the steps below to learn how.
Before you begin, make sure you have the following:
- Your wireless router, its network name (SSID) and wireless password. If it's a dual-band router, make sure that you have the SSID and password of both bands.
- A laptop or computer
- An Ethernet cable
1. Connect the range extender to your computer using an Ethernet cable.
2. Plug the range extender into a power outlet.
3. Disable the WiFi functionality on your computer.
4. Open a web browser and enter http://Belkin.range in the Address bar then press [Enter].
NOTE: Alternatively, you may access the web-based setup page using http://192.168.206.1.
5. Once on the Belkin F9K1122's web-based setup page, click the Get Started button.
6. Select your 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz wireless network then click Next.
7. When prompted, enter your wireless network's password then click Next.
8. Click Create Extended Network.
You should have successfully set up your Belkin F9K1122 Range Extender now.
Find out more:
Troubleshooting connection problems with the range extender
Most common causes of wireless connection problems with the range extender
Setting up the Belkin Range Extender wirelessly (VIDEO)