- Getting to know the Belkin N600 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender, F9K1122
The Belkin N600 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender, F9K1122 is a device that provides solution to poor or no signal because it extends the wireless range of your main router. It acts as a repeater for the wireless signal and at the same time a wireless bridge for wired devices.
A. Status LED - This indicates your range extender's status.
• OFF - no power on the range extender, check if device is properly plugged into a power source
• Blinking Blue - range extender is starting up
• Solid Blue - device is connected to a Wi-Fi network
• Solid Amber - connected to the Wi-Fi network but is getting a weak signal
NOTE: Since a weak wireless signal may lead to performance problems, it is recommended to move the range extender closer to the wireless router.
• Blinking Amber - range extender is not connected to a Wi-Fi network
NOTE: Check to make sure that your wireless router is functioning properly, and/or move the range extender closer to the wireless router.
• Alternating Blue/Amber - range extender is ready to be set up
B. Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) LED and button - The WPS button on the top of your range extender can be used to help establish a secure connection between your range extender and other WPS-enabled devices such as computers. The small LED near the WPS button shows what is happening while you are using WPS to establish a connection.
• OFF- the WPS feature is idle
• Blinking Blue - the range extender is searching for a WPS-enabled computer or other device
• Solid Blue - the range extender has made a secure connection with the computer or other device
• Blinking Amber - that a connection was not established
To know how to use the WPS feature on your range extender, see Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi Protected Setup > Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
A. Ethernet (LAN) port - Connects audio/video devices such as TV, Blu-ray Disc™ player, gaming console, and other wired devices to the port using an Ethernet cable.
B. Reset button - This button is used to restart your range extender in rare cases when it malfunctions. Resetting the range extender may preserve its settings, or it may also be used to restore its factory default settings.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Wireless router with broadband Internet connection
- Computer with working wireless network interface card and TCP/IP protocol
- Windows XP 32-bit (SP3 or greater), Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, or Windows7 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 8, or Mac OS® X10.5~7 to 10.8 operating system
- Internet Explorer 7 or above, Firefox®, Chrome™, or Safari® browser
- 1.8 GHz processor
- 512 MB RAM
Setting up the Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender wirelessly
Setting up the Belkin N600 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender, F9K1122 using an Ethernet cable
Setting up the Belkin Range Extender wirelessly (VIDEO)
The different types of Belkin Passwords (VIDEO)
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?Search Again
PHONEHave questions about your Belkin product? Contact our support team. CALL US
LIVE CHATA customer advocate will answer your questions. START LIVE CHAT
A customer advocate will answer your questions.
For Phone Docks, Screen protectors, Chargers and CablesTechnical Support Agent Unavailable
Belkin Networking Technical Support
Wireless Routers and Wireless AdaptersNetworking Technical Support Agent Unavailable
For WEMO Support, please contact 1 844 745 WEMO
CONNECTED EQUIPMENT WARRANTYFile a CEW claim for equipment damaged by a surge or power issue while connected to your Belkin product.Learn More