Resetting or restarting your Wemo Smart Light Switch, F7C030 is easy with its dedicated Reset and Restart buttons.
Perform restart if:
- The Wemo Light Switch is not detected by the Wemo App.
- The Wemo Light Switch is blinking orange after a firmware update.
- The Wemo Light Switch has become unresponsive to both the app and manual controls.
Perform reset if:
- You recently changed your Wi-Fi router or your Wi-Fi settings like the username and password.
- You want to erase any stored settings.
NOTE: On the Wemo Light Switch faceplate, the Reset button is also known as the Wi-Fi Reset button, while the Restart button as the Power Restart button.
How to restart your Wemo Light Switch
How to reset your Wemo Light Switch
There are two ways to reset your Wemo. Click the links below for specific instructions:
NOTE: Images may differ depending on the operating system of your mobile device. In the examples below, an iOS mobile device is used.
- Clear Personalized Info - This will erase any custom name, icon or rules you have given your Wemo Light Switch.
- Change Wi-Fi - This will erase the Wi-Fi settings saved in your Wemo device and place it back into setup mode. This will not remove any customizations, but you will need to connect to your new home Wi-Fi and set up your Wemo Light Switch again.
- Factory Restore - This option will erase all data from your Wemo Light Switch and restore it back to factory defaults. This will also remove it from your Wemo Account. Use this option when you want to remove a Wemo device from your Wemo Account and give to someone else.
Step 2: Immediately press and hold the Reset button for 5 seconds. The Wemo Light Switch Wi-Fi light will blink orange rapidly, indicating a successful restore.
The Wemo Light Switch will take about 90 seconds to perform the restore. When ready, the Wi-Fi Indicator light will begin to alternate between green and orange to show it is ready to be set up.
For instructions on setting up your Wemo Light Switch, click here.
Why is the status light blinking on my Wemo device?