Before you begin
- Download the latest Wemo App from the App Store®.
- Create a Wemo Account. For instructions, click here.
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to your home Wi-Fi.
- Write down the default Wi-Fi name (e.g., Wemo.Plug.001) located at the side of your Wemo for the following scenarios:
- If you are unable to scan the HomeKit™ code during setup (for manual code entry)
- If you are setting up multiple Wemo WiFi Smart Plugs
Step 1: Launch the Wemo App and log in to your Wemo Account. For instructions, click here.
Step 2: Tap on the plus icon.
Step 3: Select Wemo SmartPlugs.
Step 4: Select the first option.
NOTE: If prompted to access Home Data, tap on Allow Access.
Step 5: Tap on It’s Plugged In.
NOTE: If you haven’t plugged your Wemo WiFi Smart Plug into a power outlet, you can plug it in now.
Step 6: Check the light on your Wemo. Once the light on the side of the Wemo WiFi Smart Plug begins to flash orange and white, tap on It’s Ready for Setup.
NOTE: If the light is not blinking orange and white, tap on the It’s not blinking two colors at the bottom for further instructions. You may need to reset your Wemo WiFi Smart Plug.
Step 7: Locate the HomeKit code sticker at the side of your Wemo WiFi Smart Plug then tap on I Found It.
Step 8: To scan your HomeKit code, tap on Let’s Scan.
NOTE: If you have multiple homes, you will be prompted to select your current home.
Step 9: Scan the HomeKit code.
NOTE: To enter the code manually, tap on I Don’t Have a Code or Cannot Scan first and then tap on Enter code.
Wait for the Wemo WiFi Smart Plug to be added.
Step 10: Once your Accessory has been added, you can customize the name, set the room location, and change the type. Once done, tap on Next.
NOTE: You can also change these settings in the Apple® Home app.
Step 11: Select an option from the Suggested Scenes or just tap on Done.
NOTE: You can also add the Wemo WiFi Smart Plug to a scene or make any scene changes in the Apple Home app.
Your Wemo WiFi Smart Plug should now be ready to use.