- Resetting the Belkin router to its factory default settings
Once you reset the router, the settings will be reverted to its factory defaults. All of the customized settings of the router (network name, wireless security) will be erased. The following scenarios may be applicable for router reset.
- Reinstalling the router after an unsuccessful attempt of using the Setup Key/CD.
- Unable to access the web-based setup page due to a forgotten or lost password.
- After performing firmware upgrade and still unable to access the Internet.
- Reconfiguring the router's Internet connection after experiencing a power outage.
- If the computer cannot obtain a valid IP address from the router.
- If the Power LED is blinking.
Resetting the router to factory defaults
The reset button of the router can be found either on the back or in its side. While the router is powered ON, press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds. The "Router" light will begin to blink. Once the "Router" light stays solid, the reset process is complete. To learn more about resetting the router manually, click here.
Resetting the router using the web-based setup page
Another way of resetting or restoring the router's factory default settings is through the web-based setup page. To do this, you would need to log in to the router's web-based setup page and select the option for Restore Factory Default. To learn more about resetting the router using the web-based setup page, click here.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?Search Again
PHONEHave questions about your Belkin product? Contact our support team. CALL US
LIVE CHATA customer advocate will answer your questions. START LIVE CHAT
A customer advocate will answer your questions.
For Phone Docks, Screen protectors, Chargers and CablesTechnical Support Agent Unavailable
Belkin Networking Technical Support
Wireless Routers and Wireless AdaptersNetworking Technical Support Agent Unavailable
CONNECTED EQUIPMENT WARRANTYFile a CEW claim for equipment damaged by a surge or power issue while connected to your Belkin product.Learn More