The Belkin wireless USB adapter comes with a Setup CD for initial installation and reconfiguration purposes. This article will guide you on how to install your Belkin wireless USB adapter for the following Windows® computers:
- Windows 8.1 / Windows 8
- Windows 7
Before you proceed, make sure to perform the following:
- Plug in the adapter to a USB port on your computer.
- If the wireless adapter comes with a USB cable, you may plug one end of the cable to your computer and connect the other end to the adapter.
- If you are using a desktop computer, it is recommended to plug the adapter to the back of your computer for better power source and detection. Also, make sure that the computer you are using is in an area where it can detect the signal from the wireless router.
- Check the light on the adapter.
- Check if the indicator lights on the adapter are lit. Otherwise, transfer it to another USB port on the computer. You can use another computer to isolate the problem in case the light does not illuminate on the first computer.
Insert the adapter’s Setup CD into your computer’s CD drive.
In My Computer, double-click on the Setup icon to begin the installation. The setup wizard will then appear in a new window.
NOTE: The software in your Setup CD can also be downloaded from the Belkin Support Site.
On the setup wizard, click Next. The driver for your device will be installed in a default destination folder.
The setup software will prepare the installation process.
Since the adapter is already connected to your computer's USB port, the setup software will then begin the installation.
When the installation is completed, the setup software will require you to restart the computer. To immediately reboot the computer, select Yes, I want to restart my computer now. Click Finish afterwards.
QUICK TIP: If you wish to postpone the reboot, click No, I will restart my computer later.
Now that you have installed the adapter, you may proceed to connecting your computer, as well as other wireless devices to your WiFi. Click on any of the links below to learn how to connect your devices:
- Connecting your Sony PSP™ to the wireless network
- How to connect your Nintendo 3DS™ to the wireless network
- How to connect your Nintendo DS™ or Nintendo DSi™ to the wireless network
- How to connect your Nintendo Wii™ to the wireless network
- Connecting your PlayStation® 3 (PS3™) to a wireless network
- How to connect your Xbox 360® to the network