Before reconnecting the Wemo device, make sure to do the following:
- Reset the Wemo to its factory default settings. To learn how to do it, click here.
- Download and install the latest version of the Wemo App on your mobile device. You can download from the App Store® for iOS devices and from Google Play™ for Android™ devices.
- Make sure to have your Wemo Account credentials ready.
- Create a Wemo Account if you don't have one yet. For instructions on creating an account, click here.
- Check the type of router you’re using to replace the old one; it should be a home router. If it is a business class router with enterprise security, the Wemo device will not be able to connect to it.
Wemo Accounts User Guide
Wemo Accounts Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if the Wemo device is not in the Wemo App