When to use the Chime Bypass connector
The Chime Bypass connector is designed to do just what the name says. It bypasses your doorbell chime system and supplies power directly to your Wemo® Doorbell. You will want to use it in the following situations:
- You want to physically disable the mechanical chime.
- You do not want to use the chime but don’t have an iOS 14 or higher device to disable it through the Home app.
- You are using a digital doorbell chime rather than a mechanical one.
NOTE: The Wemo Doorbell is not compatible with digital chimes. In this situation, the bypass connector is required to power the doorbell.
When to use the Wemo Doorbell power kit
The Wemo Doorbell power kit allows your Wemo Doorbell to ring your existing mechanical chime each time the doorbell button is pressed. This functionality can temporarily be disabled and enabled again using an iOS 14 or higher device with the Home app. You will want to use the power kit in the following situations:
- You want the Wemo Doorbell to ring your existing doorbell chime
- You are using a mechanical chime