New firmware releases are posted on the Wemo Firmware Server. Your Wemo reaches out to this server daily and compares your current firmware version to what is the newest on the server. If an update is available, a pop-up message will appear on your Wemo App to prompt you to install it.
IMPORTANT: If you are using the Apple Home app with your Wemo Mini, you must continue to update the firmware of your Wemo devices through the Wemo App when a firmware update is available.
Before you update the firmware of your Wemo device, check the following:
- Your Wemo App should be up-to-date. Click here to download the latest version from the App Store®. For Android™ users, click here.
- Your Wemo device or devices should be properly set up. For more information, click here.
- Your Wemo device should be powered ON.
- Your Wemo device and the mobile device where your Wemo App is installed should be connected to the internet.
- Additionally, if your Wemo Mini has a HomeKit code, you can set it up with the Apple Home app. If your Wemo Mini does not have a HomeKit code, you will need to set it up with the Wemo App. To know how, click here.
NOTE: Wemo App images may vary depending on the device (iOS or Android) being used.
Step 2: Update your firmware through one of the following methods:
- If a firmware update is available, you'll be prompted by a pop-up window. Tap Yes to proceed.
- On the Devices section, tap on the Download icon at the upper portion of the screen.
- On the upper-right corner of Devices section, tap the icon for Android devices or for iOS devices. Then, select Firmware Update Available and accept the update after reading the release notes.
Step 4: The update will begin. During the firmware update process, the light on your Wemo device will begin to blink.
You should now have successfully updated your Wemo device.