- An Amazon Echo
- Download and install the latest version of the following mobile apps:
- Amazon Alexa app
- Wemo App
- Your Wemo Account username and password. If you do not have an Account yet, you will need to create one. For instructions, click here.
- Your Wemo device and the Amazon Echo are both working and connected to the same Wi-Fi. For instructions on how you can update the Wi-Fi Settings of your Echo device using the Alexa app, click here.
- A supported Wemo device to control. The following Wemo devices are compatible with Amazon Alexa:
- Wemo Smart Light Switch, F7C030
- Wemo WiFi Smart Light Switch, WLS040
- Wemo Smart Light Switch 3-Way, WLS0403
- Wemo Switch + Motion, F5Z0340
- Wemo Link, F7C031
- Wemo Mini Smart Plug, F7C063
- Wemo WiFi Smart Dimmer, F7C059
- Wemo Insight Smart Plug, F7C029
- Wemo WiFi Smart Plug, WSP080
The first part of linking your Amazon Alexa app with Wemo is to enable the Wemo Skill in the Amazon Alexa app. You can say "Alexa, scan for devices" and the Amazon Echo will look for your Wemo devices. However, if your Amazon Echo could not find your Wemo devices, enable the Wemo Smart Home Skill to link them with the Amazon Echo. Follow the instructions below to learn how:
NOTE: Steps may differ if you are using an Android™ device. An iOS device was used in the examples below.
Step 2: Tap the Devices tab at the bottom of the screen.
Step 5: Tap the search icon.
Step 9: After logging in, the Amazon Alexa app will ask access to your Wemo devices. Tap Allow Access.
Step 10: Once your Wemo has been successfully linked, tap Done to discover the Wemo devices you can control with Alexa.
After you have successfully linked your Wemo device and Alexa, you will need to use the Amazon Alexa app to discover your Wemo devices. Follow the instructions below to learn how:
NOTE: If you have multiple Wemo devices linked to the Amazon Echo, you have to select the devices one by one and then tap SET UP DEVICE.