- How to create a Long Press Rule for your Wemo
Long Press Rules allows a Wemo device to control another Wemo device or a set of Wemo devices just by pressing the power button for 2 seconds.
Before creating a Long Press Rule, ensure of the following:
What devices are compatible with this Rule?
The Long Press Rule can be set to control the following Wemo devices:
- Wemo Wi-Fi Smart Dimmer, F7C059
- Wemo Wi-Fi Smart Light Switch, F7C030
- Wemo WiFi Smart Light Switch, WLS040
- Wemo WiFi Smart 3-Way Light Switch, WLS0403
So where do I start?
Step 2: Tap on Long Press to open the Rule creation screen.
- Toggle – Toggles the state of the device you want to control. This means if it is ON, it will turn it OFF, or if it is OFF it will turn it ON.
- Turn On – Will turn the device ON.
- Turn Off – Will turn the device OFF.
- Pretend Someone’s Home – Will enable the Away Mode Rule.
Why can’t I give my Long Press Rule a custom name?
A Long Press Rule is different from other Rules. Like other Wemo Rules, a Long Press Rule can control multiple Wemo devices at the same time. Unlike other Rules though, a Wemo device can belong to only one Long Press Rule at a time. Long Press Rules do not have a specific time they are available to run and are active all day.
Your Rule will be given a default name when created based on the Wemo device that triggers the Rule and will immediately go active.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?Search Again
PHONEHave questions about your Belkin product? Contact our support team. CALL US
LIVE CHATA customer advocate will answer your questions. START LIVE CHAT
A customer advocate will answer your questions.
For Phone Docks, Screen protectors, Chargers and CablesTechnical Support Agent Unavailable
Belkin Networking Technical Support
Wireless Routers and Wireless AdaptersNetworking Technical Support Agent Unavailable
CONNECTED EQUIPMENT WARRANTYFile a CEW claim for equipment damaged by a surge or power issue while connected to your Belkin product.Learn More