- How to create a Long Press rule for your Wemo
The Long Press rule allows a Wemo device to control another Wemo device or a set of Wemo devices just by pressing the power button for 2 seconds.
Before creating a Long Press rule, make sure to do the following first:
What devices are compatible with this rule?
The Long Press rule can be set to control the following Wemo devices:
- Wemo Wi-Fi Smart Dimmer, F7C059
- Wemo Wi-Fi Smart Light Switch, F7C030
- Wemo WiFi Smart Light Switch, WLS040
- Wemo WiFi Smart 3-Way Light Switch, WLS0403
- Wemo Smart WiFi Dimmer, WDS060
So where do I start?
Step 2: Tap on Long Press to open the rule creation screen.
- Turn On: To turn the Wemo device ON.
- Turn Off: To turn the Wemo device OFF.
- Turn On/Off: Toggles the state of the device you want to control. This means if it is ON, it will turn it OFF or the other way around.
- Put in Away Mode: To enable Away Mode rule.
NOTE: You can only choose one action to happen when you trigger this rule.
Why can’t I give my Long Press rule a custom name?
A Long Press rule can control multiple Wemo devices at the same time. Unlike other rules though, a Wemo device can belong to only one Long Press rule at a time. Long Press rules do not have a specific time they are available to run and are active all day.
Your rule will be given a default name when created based on the Wemo device that triggers the rule and will immediately go active.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?Search Again
RMA WEB FORMSome of our products can be replaced by completing our online RMA form.
PLEASE CLICK HERE If your product is not listed, please choose another support option.
LIVE CHATA customer advocate will answer your questions. START LIVE CHAT
A customer advocate will answer your questions.
For Phone Docks, Screen protectors, Chargers and CablesTechnical Support Agent Unavailable
Belkin Networking Technical Support
Wireless Routers and Wireless AdaptersNetworking Technical Support Agent Unavailable
For WEMO Support, please contact 1 844 745 WEMO
PHONEHave questions about your Belkin product? Contact our support team. CALL US