The Long Press rule allows a Wemo device to control another Wemo device or a set of Wemo devices just by pressing the power button for 2 seconds.
Before creating a Long Press rule, make sure to do the following first:
What devices are compatible with this rule?
The Long Press rule can be set to control the following Wemo devices:
- Wemo Wi-Fi Smart Dimmer, F7C059
- Wemo Wi-Fi Smart Light Switch, F7C030
- Wemo WiFi Smart Light Switch, WLS040
- Wemo WiFi Smart 3-Way Light Switch, WLS0403
- Wemo Smart WiFi Dimmer, WDS060
So where do I start?
Step 2: Tap on Long Press to open the rule creation screen.
- Turn On: To turn the Wemo device ON.
- Turn Off: To turn the Wemo device OFF.
- Turn On/Off: Toggles the state of the device you want to control. This means if it is ON, it will turn it OFF or the other way around.
- Put in Away Mode: To enable Away Mode rule.
NOTE: You can only choose one action to happen when you trigger this rule.
Why can’t I give my Long Press rule a custom name?
A Long Press rule can control multiple Wemo devices at the same time. Unlike other rules though, a Wemo device can belong to only one Long Press rule at a time. Long Press rules do not have a specific time they are available to run and are active all day.
Your rule will be given a default name when created based on the Wemo device that triggers the rule and will immediately go active.