- Why the status light is blinking on my Wemo® device?
The normal behavior for the status light on a Wemo® device is NOT lit. This means that the Wemo is functioning normally. A blinking status light signifies that there is something with your Wemo device that needs attention. Below are the blinking status light behaviors that your Wemo device might indicate.
Blinking Blue (Wemo Switch + Motion) or Blinking Green (Wemo Insight, Light Switch and Link)
- Starting Up: If a Wemo device lost power or is being reset, it will blink Blue or Green while it restarts.
- Updating Firmware: If you initiated a firmware update for your Wemo, it will blink Blue or Green to show that it is currently updating.
- Setup Mode: If you just plugged in a brand new Wemo or performed a Factory Restore on a current Wemo, it will blink Blue and Orange or Green and Orange to signify it is ready to be set up.
- Cannot Connect to Wi-Fi: If the Wemo is blinking Orange, it is having difficulty staying connected to your Wi-Fi. To know how to connect to your Wi-Fi, click here.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?Search Again
WE’RE HERE TO HELPHave questions about your Belkin product? Contact our support team. CALL US
LIVE CHATA customer advocate will answer your questions. Chat is available 24 hours, 7 days a week. START LIVE CHAT
A customer advocate will answer your questions. Chat is available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Technical SupportTechnical Support Agent Unavailable
Belkin Networking Technical SupportNetworking Technical Support Agent Unavailable
RETURNS & CLAIMSFind out what to do if your product is not working as expected. Learn More