Your Wemo devices' functionality will not be affected should you choose not to move to a Wemo Account. However, for added security, improved reliability and ease-of-use features, moving to a Wemo Account is highly recommended. For instructions on how you can do this, follow the steps below.
Before you begin
- Steps and images may differ depending on the operating system of your device. In the examples below, an iOS device is used.
- Use a smartphone or tablet that is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Wemo.
- Wemo devices can only be associated to a single Wemo Account at a time.
- You can only move an existing Wemo installation to a Wemo Account as long as it has not been moved to an account by a different user. If you start the Wemo App and see the Please Create an Account to Continue Using Wemo screen below, this means that your Wemo installation has already been moved to a Wemo Account and you cannot continue. You will need to log in to the account that your Wemo devices were moved to.
The Wemo App will introduce you to Wemo Accounts and provide you with the following options:
1. Log In - Log in to an existing Wemo Account
2. Create An Account - Create a new Wemo Account
3. I’ll Do This Later - Continue using your Wemo devices without a Wemo Account
Step 2: Tap the blue banner at the bottom to continue.
NOTE: If you do not recognize the Wemo devices on the list, tap on These aren’t my Wemos to cancel.