In cases your Wemo device is not detected when linking to Alexa, try the troubleshooting tips below:
- Confirm if your smartphone or tablet has an active internet connection.
- Try rebooting your router and modem.
- Wemo Dimmer requires the Wemo Skill to be enabled. Confirm if the Wemo Skill is present in the Smart Home Skill section of the Alexa app, if not, click here.
- Some ISP services like Google Fi has a VPN service that can prevent your Wemo from linking to Alexa. In this particular case, Google VPN is blocking and preventing linking. This occurs because the Wemo cloud compares the WAN IP address of the request with the WAN IP address of the Wemo device. You need to disable the VPN service to enable linking to Alexa.
- If none of these steps help, give our support team a call. For more information, click here.