- Wemo Switch and Motion
- Wemo Insight Switch
- Wemo Light Switch
- Wemo Dimmer
- Wemo Mini
- Wemo WiFi Smart Light Switch
- Wemo 3-Way Light Switch
- A Google Home Virtual Assistant
- The Google Home App
- The Wemo App
- Wemo Account
- At least one supported Wemo device
Linking Wemo to your Google Home
The linking process is pretty easy as long as you have Remote Access working for your Wemo devices and your Google Home Virtual Assistant is set up and working properly.
Linking your Wemo with your Google Home Virtual Assistant consists of two parts:
Step 2: Set up your Google Home Virtual Assistant. Next, you will need to set up your Google Home device and ensure it is working. Click here for setup instructions.
2. Linking your Google Home Virtual Assistant to your Wemo Home Wi-Fi
Once everything is set up, you can connect your Google Home Virtual Assistant with your Wemo Home Wi-Fi to begin controlling your Wemo devices with your voice.
For the next steps, you will need to use your Google Home App.
Step 6: Once linked, you will be shown a list of your supported Wemo devices associated to your Wemo Account. Select the device that you want to add first and then tap Next.
Step 7: Choose the right location of your Wemo device and then tap Next.
Wemo device not Detected
If detection still does not take place after doing the steps above, below are some troubleshooting tips you can try:
- Confirm if your phone or tablet has remote access.
- If you are able to take your phone or tablet to a remote connection (a different Wi-Fi than your Wemo devices connect to or a cellular connection), switch to that and try controlling your Wemo devices. If you are able to control them remotely, then remote access is enabled for them.
- Try rebooting your router and modem.
- If none of these steps help, give our support team a call. For more information, click here.