NOTE: A password is NOT needed to access the Dashboard since it is unlocked by default. To set an administrator password you will need to click on the lock icon.
Click on the corresponding links for the overview of the different parts and functions of your Belkin Dashboard:
Top of the Dashboard
Top of the Dashboard
- - Displays the current wireless network name (SSID) of the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band. Clicking on 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz right above the name displays the SSID of each band if you have configured both wireless networks with two (2) different names.
- - Displays the current wireless password for the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band. Clicking on 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz right above the name displays the wireless password for each band if you have configured both bands with two (2) different passwords.
- - Clicking on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz will display the SSID/Wireless password for each of the bands (ex: currently the 2.4 GHz is selected).
- - Displays the Internet connection status:
- Green circle - Online
- Amber - Offline
- Red - Disconnected
- - Click to print the router settings (your printer should be set up before using this feature).
- - Click to the edit wireless settings.
- - Click the lock icon to secure the Dashboard with a password. By default the router is unlocked (as shown), which means anybody can access the router settings without an administrator password. To set a router password, click the unlocked icon and enter a password when prompted, then the icon will show as a locked icon.
- (Intellistream) - You can set up the download/upload speed by running a test using speedtest.net.
The Belkin Widgets are shortcuts to the top featured items in the Dashboard.
- Norton™ ConnectSafe - It is a website filter which serves as a layer of protection against unsafe/inappropriate websites. Each requested site is quickly checked against Norton's database for your selected filter. To know how you can successfully configure this, click here.
- Parental Internet Control - Block devices or schedule Internet access schedules. For more information regarding this feature, click here.
- Media Server - DLNA server settings. Enable/Disable DLNA, change the server name, refresh the library.
- Connected Devices - Click this to view the router’s DHCP client’s table.
- Guest Access - Configure the Guest Network for the 2.4 GHz. You can choose the standard type, Café-Style which offers no wireless security for the guest or choose to provide additional wireless security to your Guest using WPA/WPA2 PSK or WEP. To learn more about this, click here.
- Optional Software - Optional software available for the Belkin router. The F9K1119 model includes the Belkin MediaPlay powered by myTwonky. This app is for Mobile iOS and Android™ devices to play media on your phone or tablet, directly from your computer.
The Advanced Settings section of the Dashboard is the complete menu to all the settings on the router.
NOTE: Click the drop down arrow next to Advanced Settings in order to see the options.
|LAN Settings||Local Network Settings||Configure router’s LAN IP address, DHCP server settings|
|Connected Devices||View router’s DHCP table|
|WAN Settings||ISP Connection Type||Configure router’s WAN settings (Dynamic, PPPoE, L2TP/PPTP,|
|DNS||Add custom DNS IP addresses|
|MAC Address||Clone the MAC address|
|IPv6||IPv6 Connection||Disable/Enable IPv6 Pass-Through|
|WiFi||Wireless Settings||Change the wireless settings for the 2.4 GHz/5 GHz band|
|Wi-Fi Protected Setup™||Select which band to configure|
NOTE: The WPS button is only for the 2.4 GHz, you cannot enable this through the UI. However, you could perform a 5 GHz WPS connection via the UI only.
|Guest Access||Disable/Enable the Guest network. Select what Type of Guest Network (Cafe-Style, WPA/WPA2 PSK, WEP, Open). Change the Guest SSID and password|
|Use as Access Point||Enable the Access Point Model feature which bypasses all the routing and firewall features.|
|Norton™ ConnectSafe||Website filtering|
|Parental Internet Control||Block or schedule devices access to the Internet|
|Media||Intellistream||Intellistream prioritizes high-bandwidth and low-latency services such as voice, video, and games for the best possible online experience.|
|Traffic Statistics||To use this feature, Intellistream must be enabled. Display both|
WAN outbound and inbound traffic prioritized into different categories. Charts are displaying the last 10 minutes (automatically updating every 5 seconds).
|Media Server||Disable/Enable the Media Server, change the Media server name and refresh the library|
|Firewall||Firewall||Disable/Enable the firewall|
|Port Forwarding||Configure Port forwarding, up to 20 entries|
|MAC Address Filtering||Enable and configure MAC filtering|
|DMZ||Enable/Disable DMZ Host|
|DDNS||Configure DDNS settings (DynDNS/No-IP.com)|
|WAN Ping Blocking||Disable/Enable Block ICMP Ping. This provides a heightened level of security to keep external Internet users from finding out your IP address. It does this by not answering pings that originate outside your network.|
|Security Log||View the System and Firewall log. You can also save the log file into a .txt file.|
|Utilities||Restart Router||Restart your router|
|Save/Restore Settings||Save the current config file of the router. Load a previous config file, Restore to factory defaults.|
|Firmware Update||Check for firmware update or perform a manual update|
|System Settings||Add/Change the admin password, Timezone settings, configure Remote Management, Disable/Enable UPnP, configure ECO Mode (allows you to dim the LEDs on the front of the router to save power, or disable the wi-fi based on time/days)|
|Self-Healing||Select days/time when to have router reboot on a weekly basis for a problem-free network.|
|Registration||Register your router|
|Optional Software||Download optional available software for your router. This also includes a redirect to the support manual.|
The Router Details section is an overview summary of the current router settings. Clicking on any of the green links will redirect you to its corresponding page to make changes.
Overview of the Belkin dashboard (VIDEO)