NOTE: The Wemo Light Switch is not designed to work with metal faceplates as these can interfere with the Wi-Fi signal.
Before you begin:
Make sure of the following:
- The latest version of the Wemo App from Google Play™ must be installed to your mobile device.
- The Wemo Light Switch that is already installed to your electrical line is functioning. For hardware installation tips, click here.
- The light of your Wemo Light Switch should be blinking blue, indicating that it is ready to be set up. To know more about the light behavior of the Wemo Light Switch, click here.
- Your home Wi-Fi must have a working internet connection.
- If you are setting up more than one Wemo Light Switch, take note of their respective Wemo IDs to help identify one from the other.
QUICK TIP: The Wemo ID (Wemo.LightV2.xxx in which xxx stands for the last three characters of the serial number) is located at the bottom of your Wemo Light Switch.
Step 1: Launch the Wemo App then tap on Add a Wemo.
NOTE: You can also tap the gear icon then tap on Add a Wemo from there.
Step 2: Select Wemo Light Switch.
Step 3: On the next screen, select the first option.
NOTE: The first option is for the Wemo Smart Light Switch 3-Way, WLS0403 and Wemo WiFi Smart Light Switch, WLS040, while the second option is for the Wemo Smart Light Switch, F7C030.
Step 4: Tap Yes, It’s Installed.
Step 5: Check the light on your Wemo. If it is blinking blue, tap the It’s Blinking Blue button on the Wemo App.
NOTE: Tap on It’s not blinking blue and follow the on-screen instructions if you see otherwise.
Step 6: Tap on Open Wi-Fi Settings.
Step 7: Connect to your Wemo Light Switch's default Wi-Fi name, and then re-launch the Wemo App.
Step 8: Give your Wemo device a name then tap NEXT at the bottom.
Step 9: If prompted, enter your email address then tap NEXT.
Step 10: Select and connect to your home Wi-Fi then enter the password for your Wi-Fi then tap Save.
NOTE: Once you are connected to the Wi-Fi, you will be redirected to the Devices section.
Setup for your Wemo Light Switch is now complete.
Setting up the Wemo WiFi Smart Light Switch, WLS040 using your iOS device