- Setting up the Wemo 3-Way Light Switch using your Android device
Before you begin setting up the Wemo® WiFi Smart 3-Way Light Switch, WLS0403 with the Wemo App, make sure you have the following:
- The default Wemo Wi-Fi name. The Wemo 3-Way Light Switch's Wi-Fi name is Wemo.LS3W.xxx (where xxx are the last three characters of the serial number).
NOTE: You can locate the last three characters of the serial number at the bottom of the Light Switch. This will also help you identify one Wemo 3-Way Light Switch from the other (if you are setting up multiple Light Switches).
- A Wemo 3-Way Light Switch that is already installed to your electrical line and is functioning. For hardware installation tips, click here.
- An Android™ device
- The latest Wemo App available on the Google Play™
- The Wemo 3-Way Light Switch is not designed to work with metal faceplates as these can interfere with the Wi-Fi signal.
- The Wemo 3-Way Light Switch cannot replace a 4-way light switch.
- If you are installing two Wemo 3-Way Light Switches on the same circuit to manage the same light, click here to learn more.
Once the above requirements are ready, you can proceed with the setup.
Step 1: Make sure the Wemo 3-Way Light Switch’s indicator light is blinking blue (setup mode).
Step 2: Launch the Wemo App then tap on Add a Wemo.
NOTE: You can also go to the More section by tapping the gear icon then tapping on Add a Wemo.
Step 3: Select Wemo Light Switch.
Step 4: Once prompted, select Wemo Light Switch 3-Way.
Step 5: Tap Yes, It’s Installed.
Step 6: Check the indicator light on your Wemo 3-Way Light Switch. If it is blinking blue, tap the It’s Blinking Blue button on the Wemo App.
NOTE: Tap on It’s not blinking blue and follow the on-screen instructions if the indicator light is not blinking blue.
Step 7: Tap on Open Wi-Fi Settings.
Step 8: Connect to your Wemo 3-Way Light Switch’s Wi-Fi name, and then go back to the Wemo App. In the example below, Wemo.LS3W.065 is the Wi-Fi name used.
QUICK TIP: The last three digits of the Wemo Wi-Fi name are the last three characters of its serial number.
Step 9: Is there another Wemo Light Switch on this circuit?
a. Select Yes, there is another Wemo Light Switch on this circuit if you have another Wemo 3-Way Light Switch that you have installed on the same circuit.
b. Select No, this is the only Wemo Light Switch on this circuit if this is the only Wemo 3-Way Light Switch, or you have another Wemo 3-Way Light Switch, but it’s not installed on the same circuit.
Step 10: Give your Wemo device a name then tap NEXT at the bottom.
Step 11: If prompted, enter your email address then tap NEXT.
Step 12: Select and connect to your home Wi-Fi.
Step 13: Enter your Wi-Fi Password then tap Save.
Step 14: Wait for the Wemo App to connect and appear in the Devices section.
You should now have completed the setup.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?Search Again
PRODUCT REPLACEMENT FORMSome of our products can be replaced by completing our product replacement form.
PLEASE CLICK HERE If your product is not listed, please choose another support option.
LIVE CHATA customer advocate will answer your questions. START LIVE CHAT
A customer advocate will answer your questions.
For WEMO Support, please contact 1 844 745 WEMO
PHONEHave questions about your Belkin product? Contact our support team. CALL US