Belkin International offers free recycling of its products throughout the United States. To get started, click here.
Disposed electronics contain valuable, salvageable materials such as aluminum, copper, and precious metals. The partnership with Sims aims to keep Belkin e-waste out of landfills and ensure that customers are provided with the tools they need to be environmental stewards. For more of Belkin’s environmental initiatives, click here.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Does Belkin offer recycling?
- Why does Belkin offer these services?
- Which products are acceptable through the recycling mail-back program?
- I have multiple items to recycle. Can I send them all in one package?
- Where do I take my package for shipment?
- How do I track my shipment?
- What if I can't print my shipping label or find my shipping instructions?
- Is there a recycling fee/cost?
- Does it matter how old the product is?
- Does it matter if the product is in poor condition?
- Do I need to return the product in original packaging?
- Do I need to remove the batteries before I send the device?
1. Does Belkin offer recycling?
Yes. Belkin offers free recycling of all Belkin and Wemo® products bought in-store and online.
2. Why does Belkin offer these services?
Belkin recognizes that its operations and services impact the environment and, as such, has created initiatives aimed at reducing this impact. It designs products with the environment in mind, making conscious efforts to reduce the environmental footprint of its products by offering this service to customers.
3. Which products are acceptable through the recycling mail-back program?
Most Belkin and Wemo products are accepted in the recycling program. In its partnership with Sims, Belkin is able to recycle end-of-life devices safely, efficiently, and responsibly.
For items not accepted through mail-back program, such as portable battery packs, see Belkin in-store recycling program effective at these locations.
*All Belkin branded products and types of product are acceptable but must not exceed 70 lbs. per box.
*NO ink, toner, batteries, or large devices should exceed 70 lbs.
4. I have multiple items to recycle. Can I send them all in one package?
Yes. Visit Sims recycling page and list each item out by selecting the product from the drop-down menu and clicking “add to shipment” for each one.
*Cannot exceed 10 items or 70 lbs. per box
5. Where do I take my package for shipment?
After printing the provided shipping label generated by Sims, simply attach it to your parcel and drop off the labeled packaging at your preferred UPS location. For the label generator, please visit Sims' website.
*Note that this service is offered through UPS only.
6. How do I track my shipment?
A UPS tracking number will be generated when the label is created. Keep the tracking number to track your package on www.UPS.com. Sims will not provide tracking information.
7. What if I can't print my shipping label or find my shipping instructions?
In this case, contact the trade-in partner, Sims for further instruction. To get started, click here.
8. Is there a recycling fee/cost?
No. Belkin takes care of all recycling fees through its subscription to Sims services. Belkin desires to provide its customers with full access to e-waste recycling services to help make the world a healthier, greener place.
9. Does it matter how old the product is?
No. Oldies are still goodies!
*All Belkin branded products and types of product are acceptable but not to exceed 70 lbs. per box.
*NO ink, toner, batteries, portable batteries, or large devices that exceed 70 lbs.
*See Belkin recycling locations for in-store recycling.
10. Does it matter if the product is in poor condition?
No. When you send in your end-of-life products, Belkin does not redistribute or resell them. Poor or excellent - Belkin wants it all!
11. Do I need to return the product in original packaging?
No. You are not required to include the original box, manuals, or other accessories with your recycled product.
12. Do I need to remove the batteries before I send the device?
There is no need to remove the batteries before sending the device but you cannot ship loose batteries by themselves.