- Connecting your Wemo® device to a Wi-Fi range extender or access point
This article will provide instructions on how to connect your Wemo® device to a Wi-Fi range extender or an access point.
Before you begin:
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi range extender or access point is configured and synced properly with your router.
- It is important that the router and the access point/range extender have the same Wi-Fi name and password. To know how to set up your Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender, click here. To know how to set up your Belkin wireless router as an access point, click here.
- If you are setting up a non-Belkin range extender or access point, you need to contact its manufacturer for support.
Step 1: Download and install the Wemo App on your iOS or Android™ device from the App Store® or Google Play™.
Step 2: Plug in your Wemo device.
Step 3: On your iOS or Android™ device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi. Locate and connect to your Wemo's Wi-Fi (Wemo ID).
- Your Wemo device has its own unique Wemo ID which you will find at the device's label. In the example below, Wemo.Light.010 is used.
- If you are unable to see your Wemo's Wi-Fi name in the list of networks, reset the Wemo device and try again.
Step 4: Launch the App and follow the on-screen setup instructions.
Step 5: At the end of the process, you will be prompted to connect to your range extender or access point. You may see two Wi-Fi names, make sure you connect to the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.