- Introduction to USB 3.1 and USB Type-C
The Belkin USB Type-C cables and USB 3.1 technology are improved cables and USB technology that allow faster data transfer rates of up to 10 Gbps, which is 20x faster than USB 2.0 (480 Mbps), and 12x faster than FireWire. These cables are fast enough to transfer a year's worth of music in 10 minutes or an entire HD movie in just 30 seconds.
USB 3.1 provides the following features:
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
- Data rate speeds up to 10 Gbps
- Type-C interface
- Power delivery up to 3A at 20-V (60W)
- Supported on models F2CU030bt1M and F2CU023yw1M (both ends are Type-C)
USB Type-C connector:
A single cable that can transfer data at incredible speeds, power and charge other devices as well as deliver incredible audio and video resolution
- Reversible–plug connector for USB devices.
- Connects to both hosts and devices, replacing various type-B and type-A connectors and cables
- 24-pin double–sided connector
- Support power currents up to 3A
- Measures 8.4mm by 2.6mm
- USB-C enabled monitors will be able to achieve ultra-HD 4K video resolution. That’s four times more resolution than standard HD for a much sharper, clearer and more realistic picture (Only on 3.1 cables with Type-C on both ends).
|USB 3.1||USB 3.0 (blue)||USB 2.0|
|Maximum Transfer Rate||10 Gbps||5 Gbps||480 Mbps|
|Backward compatible||USB 2.0, USB 3.0||USB 1.1, USB 2.0||USB 1.1|
|Bi-Directional Data Transfer||Yes||No|
|Power Direction||Bi-directional (If using USB-C connector)||Host to Peripheral||Host to Peripheral|
|Charging Power||3A-5A||900mA or 1.5A||1.5A|
|Maximum Power output||20V, 5A||5V, 1.8A||2.5V, 1.8A|
Belkin USB Type-C Cables specifications
Getting to know the Belkin USB Type-C Cables – Black
Which Belkin USB Type-C Cable is best for your device?
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?Search Again
WE’RE HERE TO HELPHave questions about your Belkin product? Contact our support team. CALL US
LIVE CHATA customer advocate will answer your questions. Chat is available 24 hours, 7 days a week. Start Live Chat
A customer advocate will answer your questions. Chat is available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Technical SupportTechnical Support Agent Unavailable
Belkin Networking Technical SupportNetworking Technical Support Agent Unavailable
RETURNS & CLAIMSFind out what to do if your product is not working as expected. Learn More