END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
This End User License Agreement (Agreement) contains the terms and conditions under which Software is licensed to you, the end user of a Belkin Product by us (or we), Belkin International, Inc. and our affiliates.
Software means any and all firmware and other programs (including a Belkin App if there is one associated with your Product) provided with respect to your Product, including all modified or subsequent versions, upgrades or improvements. Software does not include any Open Source Software (as defined in Section 4).
By using your Product, you agree to be bound by the Product Terms (including the binding arbitration and class action waiver provisions in the General Terms). If you do not agree to any of the Product Terms, or you do not have the authority to accept them (for any reason, including your age), do not use your Product.
We hereby grant you the non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide right to operate the Software, in object code form and in the manner described in the user documentation for your Product, solely in relation to your use of your Product (except as set out in Section 9 of the General Terms), subject to the other provisions of this Agreement and of Section 7 of the General Terms (Termination and Effects of Termination).
You may not:
- modify, adapt or otherwise create derivative works from your Product, the Software or user documentation (except to the extent permitted by an applicable Open Source Software license);
- lease, sublicense, resell, rent, loan, redistribute, or otherwise transfer the Software or user documentation for commercial purposes except in connection with the legitimate transfer of your Product;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decrypt or decompile the Software or otherwise try to reduce the Software to a human-readable form, except to the extent that we are required to permit such activity under the terms of an applicable law or Open Source Software license;
- remove or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices contained in the Software or user documentation;
- use your Product, the Software or user documentation to develop a competing hardware and/or software product;
- copy any firmware or operate it separately from your Product;
- use the Software to transmit software viruses or other harmful computer code, files or programs, or to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Software;
- use the Software to collect or harvest any third party’s personally identifiable information, to send unlawful communications or to infringe the rights of any third party; or
- use the Software for any unlawful purpose, and/or in any manner that breaches the Product Terms.
All rights not expressly granted to you by us under this Agreement are hereby reserved by us. You will not acquire such rights, whether through estoppel, implication, or otherwise.
Updates and Upgrades
Some Products allow you to choose whether to download and/or use Updates. If you opt out of an Update provided by us, you accept that you could put the Software at risk to security threats or cause the Software to become unusable or unstable, which we would not accept liability for.
Some Products allow Updates to be automatically applied regardless of your Update selections. For example, we may provide an automatic Update that fixes a security breach or vulnerability to your network. By accepting this Agreement, you agree to automatic updates.
Open Source Software
The Software may contain Open Source Software, which means any software or software component or technology that is subject to an Open Source Software license. Open Source Software licenses are generally licenses that make source code available for free modification and distribution, but can also apply to technology received and distributed solely in object code form. Examples of Open Source Software licenses include:
- GNU's General Public License (GPL) or Lesser/Library GPL (LGPL);
- the OpenSSL License;
- the Mozilla Public License;
- the Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD) License; and
- the Apache License.
The terms and conditions in the applicable Open Source Software license will apply to the Open Source Software. Nothing in this Agreement limits your rights under, or grants you rights that supersede, any Open Source Software license. You acknowledge that the Open Source Software license is solely between you and the applicable licensor of the Open Source Software, and you are responsible for complying with the terms of licenses. License and copyright information for the Open Source Software are disclosed on www.belkin.com/legal. We are not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for the Open Source Software or any Software that has been modified by you pursuant to an Open Source Software license.
Third Party Products and Sites
The Software may contain links or other features that make it easier for you to visit or log-in to independent third-party websites (Linked Sites). These features are provided solely as a convenience to you. Linked Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for, and do not endorse, the content or practices of such Linked Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Linked Sites. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with any Linked Sites.
You waive and release any legal claim you might have against us with respect to these sites or third-party products or services, and your use of these sites, third-party products or services. You are responsible for complying with the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each third party website that you choose to visit.
© 2021 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Updated: June 1, 2021