IFTTT is an amazing new service that puts the internet to work for you. IFTTT lets you create 'Recipes' that connect apps, websites, and devices together to perform all kinds of custom tasks for you.
Now that WeMo can join in the fun, you can connect your house to the world in useful and very cool ways. What ways? It's totally up to you.
For example, you could have a light go on in your front hallway when the sun goes down. Simply use the IFTTT Weather Channel (or any site you like), and when it says the sun has set, have WeMo spring into action.
Using IFTTT with WeMo
IFTTT stands for "if this then that." And that's just how easy it is. It allows WeMo to react when something (anything!) changes on a Website—the weather, a sports score, you name it.
Using IFTTT is really simple and intuitive. And what you can do with it is completely amazing.
WeMo talks back
As well as listening to the Web through IFTTT, WeMo can talk back, triggering events with online services like Facebook, Evernote, SMS, Google Calendar and many more.
This means that you can set up WeMo Motion to send you a text alert when someone enters the house. You could set it next to the cookie jar, and send yourself an email reminding you to eat an apple instead!
How to sign up
After downloading and installing the free WeMo app, follow the steps below:
- Click on the More tab from within the WeMo App.
Click on Connect to IFTTT (beta).
- Click on Activate on IFTTT.
- This will then open the Safari browser where you can either login or create a new IFTTT account by clicking Join.
- Select either Switch or Motion to start the activation process.
- If you have more than one WeMo Switch or Motion connected, you'll need to select which one you want to connect to IFTTT.
Just visit IFTTT.com using your iOS device or by using an internet browser to start creating and sharing Recipes with IFTTT.Start using IFTTT!