At a Glance:
- Extends video from Mini DisplayPort to 2 DVI monitors or projectors
- Continue to use older monitors with new devices
- Supports resolutions of up to 1920x1200 on monitors 27" or smaller
- Includes 3.5-mm audio jack for transmitting audio
- Simple plug-and-play connectivity
- DVI Adapter for MacBook Pro
EXTENDS YOUR DESKTOP OR LAPTOP TO DUAL MONITORS
Extend your laptop or desktop to dual monitor displays for increased productivity and enhanced multitasking with the DVI Adapter for MacBook Pro. This convenient adapter cable lets you easily display AV content from your Mini DisplayPort-enabled computers on two DVI monitors for expanded and immersive computer visuals.
1. 3.5-mm audio jack--connect to audio cable (not included) connected to speakers or display
2. DVI (female)--connect to DVI cable (not included) connected to your monitor or projector
3. DVI (female)--connect to DVI cable (not included) connected to your monitor or projector
4. Mini DisplayPort (male)--connect to your laptop, desktop or tablet
CONECTIVITY FOR OLDER MONITORS
This compact adapter features two female DVI connectors that allow you extend your laptop's display to two monitors using DVI cables (not included). With this adapter, you can continue to take full advantage of existing DVI monitors or projectors without having to upgrade to Mini DisplayPort-compatible models. This adapter supports video resolutions of up to 1920 x 1200 pixels on monitors 27 inches or smaller.
BACKWARD-COMPATIBLE MINI DISPLAYPORT TECHNOLOGY
Developed to be the next-generation personal computer display interface, Mini DisplayPort lets you enjoy your media with extreme refresh rates, intense color depths, and the highest resolution possible. This scalable technology was designed to grow with evolving A/V innovations while staying compatible with existing formats such as VGA, DVI and HDMI.
The DVI Adapter for MacBook Pro doesn't require any software or additional driver. Once connected, the adapter will automatically convert the digital Mini DisplayPort signal to analog DVI and display it on your DVI monitors.
DISCREET 3.5MM AUDIO OUTPUT
Mini DisplayPort cables transmit both video and audio signals, but DVI cables can only transmit video. The 3.5-mm audio jack at the back of the DVI adapter allows you to attach an audio cable (not included) to your speakers or display, so you can enjoy both audio and video from your Mini DisplayPort-enabled device.
This adapter cable is not compatible with Surface Pro 3 tablets, Surface Pro 3 docks or MacBook Air running OS 10.8 or newer versions.
- MacBook Pro (2014)