- This Wemo Gift Card Competition (“Competition”) consists of two (2) separate quarterly sweepstakes drawings (each quarterly period shall be considered a “Promotion Period”). Each Promotion Period begins on the first day of each calendar quarter (starting with the calendar quarter beginning 1.10.2017) and ends on the last day of each calendar quarter, with the last Promotion Period ending on 31.03.2018. This Promotion is sponsored by Belkin Limited (trading as Wemo with registered address Express Business Park, 3 Shipton Way, Rushden NN10 6GL, United Kingdom (“Promotor” or “Wemo”). This promotion provides the opportunity for one person during each Promotion Period to win one £500 Amazon Gift Card (each person a “Winner”).
- The Competition is open to persons ("Entrants") aged 18 years or over who are legal residents of the European Economic Area ("EEA") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below), Belkin Limited (trading as Wemo) and their immediate family members, respective affiliates and promotions agencies, Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Promoter Parties”).
- The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
- To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
- To Enter Online: In order to enter online, you must click on the link provided in an email sent to you during the Promotional Period. If you choose to write a review, click on the appropriate tab to write a review. If you write a review, follow the instructions to rate the selected product and write your review (“Review”), then enter your screen name and valid email address in the form provided. After you have previewed your Review, please check the appropriate box (es) indicating whether you wish to share your Review and that you have read and agree to be bound by Belkin Review Rules. Providing a Review is not required for entry into the Competition; or
- To Enter via our website: visit the Belkin competitions website at www.belkin.com/uk/giftcard-competition-wemo/
(i) click on the link for the Wemo Gift Card Competition;
(ii) enter the following information in the fields provided and click "Submit":
- email address;
- full name;
- date of birth; and
- country of residence;
(iii) confirm that the Entrant meets the entry criteria for the Competition; and
(iv) agree to the competition Terms and Conditions.
- Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below). The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to suspect that the Entrant has entered the Competition using multiple or fake e-mail addresses, or otherwise engaged in dishonest or cheating behaviour. You may only enter via one of the methods listed above. Entries must be received during each Promotion Period (according to the clocks on the servers processing entries, as applicable).
- Subject to the terms of these Terms and Conditions, once confirmed by Promotor, each winner will receive 1 Amazon Gift Card to the value £500. Total monetary value of all prizes during the Competition is £1,000.
- The relevant Promotion Periods are: 1.10.2017 – 31.03.2018
- No substitution, assignment, transfer, or cash redemption of any prize is allowed by Winner. The Promotor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal value. If applicable, prizes may be awarded in the form of a voucher(s) or coupon(s) in Promotor’s sole discretion and may be provided in electronic rather than physical form. If a potential Winner cannot be reached or is unable to accept the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason, the Promotor shall have no further obligation to such potential winner, and an alternate Winner will be selected. Neither Promotor nor any of its prize suppliers will replace any lost or stolen prizes, cards or certificates after being awarded to Promotor. Non-winning entries from one Promotion Period will not carry forward into subsequent Promotion Periods.
- Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
- In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
- The Winners agree to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
- The Promoter may, at its sole di scretion, publish the names of the Winners on the Promoter's website(s). The names of the Winners will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked Wemo Gift Card Competition to the following address: Belkin Limited, Express Business Park, Shipton Way, Rushden, NN10 6GL, United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfil any Prize awarded.
- A Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction's tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered other than by human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit or for entries that are late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, or otherwise not in compliance with the Terms and Conditions, and all such entries will be disqualified.
- By entering the Competition, each Entrant agrees:
- to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by all applicable laws and decisions of the Promoter which shall be binding and final;
- to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Terms and Conditions; and
- to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Promoter Parties in connection with the Competition;
- By entering the Competition, each Entrant agrees to forever and irrevocably release, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Promoter, the Promotor Parties and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”), from any liability (including, but not limited to: liability for defamation; libel; slander; invasion of privacy; infringement of publicity or any intellectual property rights; any property loss; damage; personal injury; bodily injury; death; expense; accident; delay; inconvenience or irregularity; and any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind, even if the Releasees have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages), costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with:
- the Competition, including but not limited to any Competition-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s entry, participation or inability to participate in the Competition;
- the violation of any third party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights;
- typographical errors in these Terms and Conditions or any Competition promotional materials;
- any change in the Prizes (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, business or creative considerations, or due to reasons beyond the Promoter Parties’ control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labour dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Promoter Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Terms and Conditions;
- any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Competition;
- human error;
- incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the entry;
- any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Competition website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Promoter or by an Entrant;
- interruption or inability to access the Competition, the Competition webpage or any other Competition-related web pages, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems;
- any damage to an Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Competition;
- any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions;
- any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries;
- any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the Promoter, or any of their agents or employees;
- cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), or other transportation companies, hotel(s), or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same;
- lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or misdirected baggage;
- lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed Prizes (or any element thereof); or
- the collection, use and/or sharing of an Entrant’s personally data by the Promoter Parties or their designees.
- Each Winner hereby acknowledges that the Promoter Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any express or implied warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes or any Prize component.
- The "Promoter" is: Belkin Limited (trading as Wemo), Express Business Park, Shipton Way, Rushden, NN10 6GL, United Kingdom.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.
START DATE (AS OF 12:00 A.M. CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME THAT DAY)
END DATE (AS OF 11:59 A.M. CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME THAT DAY)
APPROXIMATE RANDOM DRAWING DATE
|Promotion Period 1||1st October, 2017||31st December, 2017||3rd January, 2018||5th January, 2018|
|Promotion Period 2||1st January, 2018||31st March, 2018||4th April, 2018||6th April, 2018|