USB-C™ RESOURCE CENTER
How Can You Tell If Your Cable Is Authentic And Not A Counterfeit?
- Make sure that your USB-C cable has a USB certification mark.
- Check to make sure that the product packaging has a USB certification emblem on it.
- Make sure that the Belkin (or other certified manufacturer) logo is straight and not blurred or crooked on the cable and/or the product packaging.
- If it seems like too good of a deal, it probably is. Be suspicious of massive discounts on what may appear to be Belkin USB-C (AKA USB Type-C) cables on online retail sites other than Belkin.com.
- If the packaging has spelling errors, is damaged, or seems incomplete in any way, it is probably a fake.
- To make sure you are getting a certified genuine Belkin quality USB-C cable, make sure to look for the Belkin logo, and USB certification icons. Remember, when you purchase directly from Belkin you'll have the assurance of knowing that you're getting 100% certified Belkin products.
|LOGO MATRIX||ON PACKAGING||ON PRODUCT|
|USB 3.1 |
up to 10 Gbps
up to 100 W
|USB 3.0 |
up to 5 Gbps
up to 7.5 W
|USB 2.0 |
up to 480 Mbps
up to 2.5 W
Learn more about Belkin counterfeit products and how to avoid them.