People Inspired Products: Belkin Unveils New Brand Identity and Focus at the 2012 International CES
Las Vegas – January 11, 2012 – Belkin today unveiled a new brand identity committed to creating people-inspired products that help all of us stay seamlessly connected to the people, activities, and things we love. With the new brand logotype and logo, Belkin communicates its goal of delivering innovative product solutions that enable people to realize their potential through the application of technology. Belkin’s new brand identity was announced at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
“The new Belkin logo, affectionately named PIP for People Inspired Products, symbolizes our commitment to take inspiration from people, and acknowledges the connection between people and the experiences they value most.” said Mohit Anand, Managing Director, Belkin India Subcontinent. “In a future where connectedness will only increase, our products have one common goal, to ensure that technology exists to serve people, and never the other way around.”
To achieve the goal of creating people-inspired products, Belkin vows to listen to their customers and partners to build product solutions that improve upon daily challenges and anticipate evolving needs. In other words, to make products that people desire and that make their lives better.
The rebranding comes on the heels of the return of Belkin founder, Chet Pipkin, to the role of president and CEO. “Belkin has come a long way since the days I was building computer cables in my parent’s garage,” said Pipkin. “But I’m excited to be back leading the charge of a revitalized Belkin, one that is synonymous for quality, innovation, and, most of all, products inspired by the potential of people.”
On the CES show floor for the first time since 2008, the innovations showcased in the Belkin booth in 2012 will reflect this renewed emphasis on making quality products that enhance the role of technology in people’s lives.
New products debuting at CES include:
Home Automation - WeMo
Requiring only a Wi-Fi network, an electrical outlet, a smartphone and free app, WeMo is a simple, affordable, scalable home automation system designed for everyday people to easily manage their home electronics, from home or away. Products include
- WeMo Home Control Outlet
- o Turns devices on or off, manually or by schedule, from anywhere, by using a smartphone
- WeMo Motion Sensor
- o Detects movement, and devices plugged into the WeMo Home Control Outlet can be programmed to react to motion
- WeMo Baby Monitor, Garage Door Opener, Door Lock and lighting controls
- o Prototypes of these future WeMo products still in development will be showcased
- Dyle Mobile TV Adapter
- Belkin joins forces with MCV, a consortium of digital broadcast content providers, to offer new products that enable consumers to watch live broadcast television programming on smartphones and tablets when away from home; Product on display is a prototype still in development
- Mobile TV for smartphones and tablets
- Sends content from an existing cable or satellite receiver to a smartphone or tablet, letting you watch your TV on the go through Wi-Fi or a data network; Product on display is a prototype still in development
- ScreenCast PC
- Wirelessly transfers personal or online content from any PC laptop to any HDTV with an available HDMI® port
- Advance N900 DB
- Belkin’s most advanced wireless router features improved gaming speeds, fewer dead zones, increased download speeds, multiple device connectivity and improved reach
- Thunderbolt Express Dock
- Access to multiple desktop peripherals and Gigabit Ethernet with one cable; prototype on display at CES
- RoomService for Samsung
- A charging dock that automatically launches favorite apps when device is docked; Product on display is a prototype still in development
- RoomService Awake for Samsung
- A charging dock that turns your Samsung phone or tablet into a smart alarm clock; Product on display is a prototype still in development
- YourType Keyboards
- An interchangeable keyboard and folio system for a variety of Android tablets, including Samsung Galaxy Tab
- YourType Keyboard + Stand
- A portable Bluetooth® keyboard and stand solution for Android tablets
- YourType Folio + Keyboard
- An all-in-one Bluetooth® keyboard and protective folio solution
Learn more about the new Belkin at www.Belkin.com. For full information on Belkin at the 2012 International CES, including high-res images, product press releases and company news, visit at https://www.belkin.com/CES2012.
About Belkin India
Since 2009, Belkin has taken rapid strides towards becoming a leading tech & digital lifestyle brand. Belkin has come a long way to become the market leader across its product lines in India. From a single person to a team of 70+ people and offices in major metros, Belkin has become one of the fastestgrowing tech brands in the Indian subcontinent. Belkin’s extensive footprint now extends beyond India to Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal & Pakistan.
About Belkin International, Inc.
For more information on Belkin, please visit www.Belkin.com/aboutus.