Tuggerah, Australia - April 2nd, 2013: People-inspired technology brand Belkin today launched a breakthrough new iPad keyboard case -- the Ultimate Keyboard Case. Using a revolutionary aluminum alloy and magnet construction, Belkin’s Ultimate Keyboard Case is now the slimmest and lightest keyboard folio of its kind on the market, with a keyboard that is just 6.4mm thin and weighing less than 500 grams. It was designed to enhance today’s most popular tablet without compromising the versatility or portability that make tablets special.
Research conducted by Belkin’s global product development team found that tablet users would often remove their device from its case because it was not conducive to using the tablet to read or to watch movies with the keyboard attached. Belkin’s Ultimate Keyboard Case solves this issue by providing all the key features and advantages of laptop productivity without compromising on convenience or comfort.
"This device allows individuals to not only consume content but also create it more efficiently. It gives the iPad all of the functionality of a laptop, while maintaining the sleek appeal of a tablet." says Brendan Sparks, Head of Marketing and Product Management, ANZ. "The Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case will revolutionise the way users interact with their iPad."
The Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case marries upgraded features such as a durable aluminum alloy base with a precise iPad keyboard, all in a compact package. It conveniently folds flat to hide the keyboard when watching movies or reading. When not in use, smart sensing technology automatically shuts off the keyboard, to offer instant access to the iPad's onscreen keyboard and help save battery life.
Featuring Belkin's award-winning TruType keys, the Ultimate Keyboard Case provides a smooth, laptop-like typing experience to minimize errors and maintain typing speed. It also offers a fully protective back cover to keep your iPad safe from scratches, scuffs and every day wear and tear when the keyboard is attached.
An additional enhancement is its SoundFlow design, which enhances audio clarity and directs the sound toward you for superior movie watching or game playing.
Features At A Glance
- Specially machined aluminum alloy base reduces thickness while improving durability
- Keyboard only 6.4mm thin and 482 grams in weight providing a slim, low profile that highlights iPad's design and minimizes bulk
- Magnet sensors automatically turn keyboard on or off
- Media Mode flat fold hides the keyboard away for reading, watching movies or playing games
- Well-spaced, TruType keys for comfortable, laptop-like typing experience
- Three viewing and typing angles, with magnets that hold the iPad in place
- SoundFlow design for enhanced audio power
- Auto-awake magnets wake up your iPad when opened
- Shortcut keys for easy media control
- Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity
- 160 hour battery life under constant use, 6-month standby battery life
- Rechargeable battery uses included Micro USB cable
Pricing & Availability Belkin’s Ultimate Keyboard Case for iPad will be available in retailers across Australia and New Zealand from May 13th with an RRP of $139.95.
Imagery: To download images of the Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case, please visit
Username: Belkin 1
Key Search Term: F5L149qeBLK
View the product video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIGQPScbVPo for an overview of features.
About Belkin International, Inc.
For more information on Belkin products and availability, please visit www.belkin.com.au. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/BelkinAustralia, and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/belkinau
Tel: 0411 111 787