Playa Vista, Calif. (September 19, 2013) – Belkin today announced an updated new line of in-car connectivity solutions designed to connect an iPhone 5 or iPod touch to a car’s speaker system. Belkin TuneBase® Hands-Free FM and Tune Base® Hands-Free AUX allow users to play music, answer calls and activate voice commands with one button for safer operation while on the road.
Designed for hands-free calling and music playback in cars without built-in Bluetooth® connectivity, TuneBase Hands-Free AUX connects via the car’s auxiliary jack to provide full stereo sound for music or calls. Featuring a stable base to secure the device while on the road, TuneBase Hands-Free AUX also has an adjustable cradle to keep the phone in an ideal position while on the road, which is helpful for GPS navigation.
TuneBase Hands-Free FM has the same functionality as TuneBase Hands-Free AUX, but connects via an FM transmitter powered by the 12-volt outlet for cars without an auxiliary input. TuneBase Hands-Free FM also features Belkin’s exclusive ClearScan technology to automatically search for the best FM signal in the area, making it easier to play music or take calls.
Both TuneBase Hands-Free FM and TuneBase Hands-Free AUX are MFi-certified for use with the iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5th Gen.Both also include a built-in Lightning connector for charging via the 12-volt car lighter outlet.
TuneBase® Hands-Free FM (F8J034) - $79.99
- Uses ClearScan technology to locate high-quality FM stations
- Compatible with iPhone 5, iPod touch (5th generation), iPod nano (7th generation), and iPad (4th generation)
- Charges mobile device using car's lighter outlet
- High-contrast LCD and two programmable presets
TuneBase® Hands-Free AUX (F8J037) - $69.99
- Play music and make hands-free calls using car stereo
- Includes cable to connect to car's auxiliary input
- Cradle swivels horizontally for easy viewing
- Charges through car's lighter outlet
- Fits iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation)