Playa Vista, Calif. – October 30, 2012 – Belkin today announced the new NetCam Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision that allows you to monitor your home on your smartphone or tablet from anywhere.
"The beauty of the Belkin NetCam is its simplicity and versatility. It allows you to keep an eye on your pets, your kids after school, your belongings, or even your baby's room, on any iOS or Android device without the need for a computer," said Mike Chen, senior director of product management for Belkin's networking group. "It sets up in minutes, giving you peace of mind without any hassle."
The NetCam features infrared night vision for clear viewing even in low or no light, plus wide-angle video to get a better view of more of your room. The NetCam allows you to save live video to your mobile device for easy sharing and also provides clear digital audio to listen in on your room as well as see it.
The NetCam sets up easily using any iOS or Android device and connects directly to a Wi-Fi router without the need of a computer. Download the free NetCam app to begin monitoring your home anytime, anywhere. The app also provides email alerts, notifying you when motion is detected and sending you a snapshot of the motion.
- Night vision for clear sight even in the dark
- Wide-angle video for larger spaces
- Easy mobile setup eliminates the need for a computer to connect
- Movement-detection notifications sent via email
- Save live video directly to your mobile device
- Digital audio for crystal-clear sound
- Works with the free NetCam app; no subscription service needed
- Requires a Wi-Fi router and Internet connection
- Compatible with iOS 4.2 and up as well as Android 2.2 and up
The NetCam Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision is available now on Belkin.com and Amazon.com. It will be available at Walmart and Verizon in November and Target in December. Additional retailers coming soon. The NetCam app is available for download on the App Store and Google Play.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.