CityLos Angeles, CA
What you’ll do
As an User Interface Developer, you will work as a front-end developer and collaborate with a team of engineers and designers to bring product ideas to life. Must be able to work creatively, collaboratively, and iteratively across teams to create optimal user interfaces. This is a great opportunity for a developer to have significant positive impact on the design of very cool products.
How you’ll do it
• Working with a creative team of User Experience designers, Visual Designers, and Product Managers to define the visual and behavioral requirements for new user interfaces
• Utilizing Android and Web tools and technologies, develop world-class user interfaces and integrate new user interface controls
• Implement non-functional requirements for the user interfaces and controls to support a variety of platforms, dimensions, resolutions and languages
• Work with software engineering peers to integrate these user interfaces into the main applications, ensuring data integrity and high performance
What you’ll need
• BS Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• Hands-on experience with Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
• Experience developing for a variety of mobile dimensions and resolutions including Android is a plus
• Working knowledge of Android IDE, Java, XML and user interface frameworks is a plus
• Development experience in developing mobile apps that are heavy on rich and dynamic user experiences is a plus
• Cross platform (phone & tablet) UI development and testing is a plus
What you’ve done
• Worked closely with User Experience and Visual designers to translate their visual ideas into real life user interfaces
• Developed pixel-perfect user interfaces faithfully rendering the behavior identified in storyboards
• Demonstrated great communication skills; Built rapport and credibility with your team
• Passion for high quality design and for products that are both usable and cool — able to work efficiently alongside both design and development teams
• Built an online portfolio illustrating the depth and breadth of your amazing work
What you’re getting into
We’ve got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding – for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you’ll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you’ll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
For more details and to apply for this position, visit us at www.belkin.com/careers
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.