What you’ll do
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for all phases of software development targeting the differencing of disaggregated complex overlapping real time waves and discrete events from a rich time series sensor stream using semi-supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques. The successful candidate has sufficient experience and expertise to imaginatively address tasks/assignments of a medium to complex level. The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will work other software engineers and the Machine Learning Team Leader to define and implement machine learning algorithms. This includes the research, development and integration of software algorithms into production software and hardware. Assignments will require technical analysis and inventive design recommendations for cost effective resolutions of problems.
How you’ll do it
· Design and develop organized, easy to read and modify software source code for machine learning algorithms
· Characterize algorithm performance with real-world data sets gathered from field trials
· Recommend improvements to data collection and experimental strategy to optimize machine learning system performance
· Document algorithm design and code with specifications and source comments
· Research upcoming projects and present findings to corporate leadership and integrate results into team technical strategy.
· Work closely with Computer Scientists, Electrical Engineers and Technicians creating custom solutions and bringing up new and innovative product designs.
· Work closely with the team to develop and integrate the algorithms into a product
· Will actively help technical support staff in testing and analysis.
· Identifies problems, generates unique alternatives, and researches, recommends and implements solutions for processes involving multiple variables
· Identifies risks and understands how to approach and complete tasks, avoiding serious delays and considerable expenditure of time and resources
· Will contribute ideas and/or concepts that support the generation of intellectual property
· Represents Belkin’s interests and leads team to successful results aligned with program objectives.
· Initiates and takes ownership of tasks to ensure team results are achieved
· Actively participates and contributes to effectiveness of a team(s), influencing the outcome of that team
· Develops methods for collaboration and communication with mixed internal and external design and development resources.
· Follows technical design specification requirements and writes department procedures on various processes
· Accepts the ideas of others and actively contributes to an environment conducive to open communication
· Effectively presents complex technical information/analysis, and responds to questions from technical staff members and engineering management
What you’ll need
· Requires a Doctoral degree or a Master of Science degree with at least 3 additional years of machine learning experience, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics
· Strong programming background
· Machine learning – feature extraction, time series analysis, signal processing, and statistical modeling
· Knowledge of or experience developing with MATLAB is desired.
· Real-time signal processing, distributed and/or cloud computing experience is desired
What you’ve done
· Program in high level (MATLAB) and low-level languages as appropriate including C and C++. Other language experience in Java, Perl, or similar languages is desired.
· Apply fundamental technology principles to multiple tasks
· Demonstrate basic knowledge of cross functional and related technical areas such as Software Quality techniques, software configuration management and release management.
· Demonstrates enthusiasm to learn and share new methods and techniques within several areas of technical expertise
· The successful candidate takes initiative and demonstrates self-motivation and enthusiasm to solve problems.
· Works cooperatively and effectively in a mixed internal/external team environment to achieve common goals and results.
What you’re getting into
We’ve got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding – for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you’ll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you’ll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
For more details and to apply for this position, visit us at www.belkin.com/careers
For creative roles, please ensure to have a link to your portfolio.
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.