WeMo Light SwitchNEW
LIGHT YOUR HOME THE WAY YOU WANT
The Wi-Fi® enabled WeMo Light Switch allows you to turn lights on and off from anywhere--from across the house, from the backyard, or from the other side of the world. WeMo Light Switch replaces a standard light switch in your home and can be controlled remotely with an Android smartphone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. It works with your existing Wi-Fi® network and anywhere your smartphone or tablet has an Internet connection (3G or 4G LTE). Easy for most Do It Yourselfers.
FREE WEMO APP IS EASY TO USE
Download the free WeMo app to your compatible Android smartphone or tablet or your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to get started. Our award-winning WeMo app has been designed so that simple or more complex tasks can be accomplished with ease. With our updated app, you can also explore new features such as a customizable long press option (used with IFTTT), enhanced sunrise/sunset rules, and away mode setting.
The app also allows you to schedule tasks as simple as turning lights on after dark or before your kids come home from after-school activities, or turning specific lights off every day to reduce power consumption. More complex tasks feature turning light on and off at different times on different days. Customized schedules can be easily adjusted using the WeMo app, even when you are away from home.
TURN LIGHTS ON/OFF AT SUNSET OR SUNRISE
Not only can you program your lights to turn on or off at specified times, you can also set them to respond to the sun. Simply enter your city name in the WeMo App and then program your porch lights to turn on at sunset and off at sunrise.
The sunset and sunrise times update every day, so whatever the season, your lights will come on when you want them to. You can also combine sun and time rules--for example, you can program your lights to turn on at sunset and off at 11pm every day. The WeMo App automatically adjusts for daylight savings.
REPLACE YOUR EXISTING LIGHT SWITCH, HASSLE-FREE
WeMo Light Switch was designed for DIY installation. Watch the installation video for detailed steps, including how to check your existing switch to make sure it has a neutral wire. The included faceplate seamlessly clicks onto the wall and hides the screws underneath.
Please note that the WeMo Light Switch is not compatible with lights controlled by more than one switch or with metal face plates. Metal face plates interfere with Wi-Fi® signals and will not allow this product to work correctly in your home. Learn more
WEMO LIGHT SWITCH
Want some help? No problem.
A certified electrician and professional WeMo installer can connect the WeMo Light Switch for you.
BACKLIGHTING MAKES IT EASY TO LOCATE AFTER DARK
The switch features subtle backlighting, making it easy to find in the dark. You can manually turn the switch on or off by simply tapping it. It's so simple, a toddler can do it.
WEMO IS COMPLETELY MODULAR
The WeMo collection of products are designed to work together via the free WeMo App so that you control and monitor as much or as little of your home as you like. You can easily add additional WeMo products including Smart LED Bulbs, WeMo Switch, WeMo Motion, WeMo Light Switch or WeMo Insight Switches at any time to any room to control and monitor multiple devices or appliances. Program home automation triggers like using your WeMo Motion to turn on your WeMo LED lights when you walk into a room, or use the WeMo Insight Switch to learn about the cost savings of installing additional WeMo Smart LED bulbs--the combinations are endless.
- Keeps its programming and the correct time and date during power outages
- Has no batteries to wear out
- No minimum wattage so works with all incandescent, halogen, CFL, fluorescent and LED lighting
- Can also control ceiling fans
Get Creative, Get Organized...WeMo works with IFTTT
IFTTT is a service that lets you create powerful connections with one simple statement: if this then that. IFTTT works with the WeMo collection of products to connect your home electronics to a whole world of online apps. Get a text or email when the front door opens, turn the lights on when the sun sets...the possibilities are countless. Visit IFTTT and discover all the exciting recipes you can create with WeMo + IFTTT.
Popular WeMo Light Switch Recipes
- Designed for residential indoor dry location use only
- Turn room lights on and off from anywhere with your smartphone
- Works with your existing home Wi-Fi network and mobile Internet
- Set up rules for lights going on and off at Sunset and Sunrise
- Set a schedule for lights in different rooms
- Replaces your existing wall switch
- Subtle backlighting makes the switch easy to find at night
- Works with the entire family of Belkin WeMo products
- Works with IFTTT, connecting you to a whole world of Web apps
- Installs quickly and easily for Do-It-Yourselfers
- Free WeMo App for Android and iOS
- Decorative face plate included
- One-year limited warranty
- Wi-Fi® router
- Android 4.0 or later
- iOS v5 or higher
- Max 1800 W, ½ HP at 120VAC
- Neutral Wire Required
- Replaces single pole switch
- Not compatible with 3-way (multi-location control) switches
- Works with your existing single/double/multi-switch rocker-style plates
- Not designed to work with metal faceplates
COMPATIBLE WITH APPLE AND ANDROID DEVICES
The Belkin WeMo Light Switch works with the following Apple devices with iOS 5 or higher: iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad. It also works with Android devices with version 4.0 or higher. A Wi-Fi® router with an Internet connection is required.
- WeMo Light Switch
- Face plate
- Four wire nuts
- Quick installation guide
Just visit IFTTT.com using your iOS device or by using an internet browser to start creating and sharing Recipes with IFTTT.
- Android smart devices running Android 4.0 or higher
- iOS smart devices running iOS 5 or higher
- iPod Touch 3rd Generation and later
- iPhone 3GS and later
- iPad (all models)
- iPad Mini
- Wi-Fi Router with an internet connection
- Either Android 4.0 or higher/iOS 5 or higher
- WiFi 2.4GHz 802.11n
- WeMo App (downloadable from App Store or Play Store)
- Supports any bulb (CFL, Incandescent, LED)
- Max 600W Incandescent or 1800W Resistive at 120VAC
- Neutral wire required
- Replaces single pole switch. Not compatible with 3 way (multi location control) switches.
- Works with your existing single/double/multi-switch rocker style plates
- Not designed to work with metal faceplates
- 1 WeMo Light Switch
- 1 Face Plate
- 4 Wire Nuts
- 1 year Limited Warranty
iPad 3rd gen
iPad 4th gen
Galaxy Tab 2 - 10.1"
Galaxy Tab 2 - 7"
Galaxy Tab 3 - 10.1"
Galaxy Tab 3 - 8.0"
Galaxy Tab 3 - 7.0"
Kindle HD Fire 7"
Kindle HD Fire 8.9"
Galaxy S II - T-Mobile
Galaxy S II - Verizon
iPod touch 3rd gen
iPod touch 4th gen
iPod touch 5th gen
Galaxy Note 8.0
Galaxy Note 10.1
Galaxy Note II
Galaxy S II - AT&T
HTC Desire HD
HTC Desire S
HTC Evo Design 4G