New iPad keyboard case redefines accessory innovation with best-in-class features
(Rushden, UK) - 27 March, 2013 - People-inspired tech brand Belkin has today announced the introduction of a breakthrough new iPad keyboard case—the Ultimate Keyboard Case. Using a revolutionary aluminium alloy and magnet construction, Belkin’s Ultimate Keyboard Case will be the slimmest and lightest keyboard folio of its kind on the market, with a keyboard that is just 6.5mm thin and a total weight of only 481 grams.
"We believe the Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case will reinvent the iPad user experience," says Jamie Elgie, senior director of product management at Belkin. "It gives the iPad all of the functionality of a laptop, while maintaining the sleek appeal of a tablet."
Unveiled at the 2013 International CES in January, the Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case marries upgraded features such as a durable aluminium alloy base with a precise iPad keyboard, all in a compact package. The Ultimate Keyboard Case conveniently folds flat to hide the keyboard when watching movies or reading. When not in use, the keyboard automatically shuts off, to offer instant access to the iPad’s onscreen keyboard and help save battery life.
Featuring Belkin’s award-winning TruType keys, the Ultimate Keyboard Case provides a smooth, laptop-like typing experience to minimize errors and maintain typing speed. It also offers a fully protective back cover to keep your iPad safe from scratches, scuffs and everyday wear and tear when the keyboard is attached. In addition, SoundFlow design enhances audio clarity and directs the sound from your iPad toward you for a superior movie watching or game playing experience.
- Specially machined aluminum alloy base reduces thickness while improving durability
- Slim profile under 2cm and weight of just 481 grams minimizes bulk for easy portability
- Magnet sensors automatically turn keyboard on or off
- Media Mode flat-fold hides the keyboard away for reading, watching movies or playing games
- Well-spaced, TruType™ keys for comfortable, laptop-like typing experience
- Three viewing and typing angles, with magnets that hold the iPad in place
- SoundFlow design for enhanced audio power
- Auto-awake magnets wake up your iPad when opened
- Shortcut keys for easy media control
- Bluetooth® 2.0 connectivity
- 160-hour battery life under constant use, 6-month standby battery life
- Rechargeable battery uses included Micro USB cable
For an overview of features view the product video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIGQPScbVPo
Availability The Ultimate Keyboard Case will be available from select retailers in May.
At Belkin, we are inspired by people. With more than 200 patents, Belkin invents products that harness the power of technology to enrich people’s lives. From wireless home networking and entertainment, to mobile accessories, energy management, and a broad USB and cable mix, Belkin products connect the dots between people and technology. Belkin also provides public and private sector organizations with high-quality security, infrastructure, energy, and server-room solutions. A privately held company founded in 1983, Belkin has more than 1,200 employees in 25 countries. Headquartered in Playa Vista, California, Belkin can also be found on the web at Belkin.com/uk, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Belkin.UK and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Belkin_UK
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Bluetooth name and the Bluetooth trademarks are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and are used by Belkin International, Inc., under license.
UK & Western Europe
T: 07917 128849