(Rushden, UK) - 10 January, 2012 – Belkin today unveiled a new brand identity committed to creating people-inspired products that help all of us stay seamlessly connected to the people, activities, and things we love. With the new brand logotype and logo, Belkin communicates its goal of delivering innovative product solutions that enable people to realize their potential through the application of technology. Belkin's new brand identity will be on display in the Belkin booth (South Hall #30651) at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
"The new Belkin logo, affectionately named PIP for People Inspired Products, symbolizes our commitment to take inspiration from people, and acknowledges the connection between people and the experiences they value most." said Ernesto Quinteros, Belkin's Chief Brand Officer. "In a future where connectedness will only increase, our products have one common goal, to ensure that technology exists to serve people, and never the other way around."
To achieve the goal of creating people-inspired products, Belkin vows to listen to our customers and partners to build product solutions that improve upon daily challenges and anticipate evolving needs. In other words, to make products that people desire and that make their lives better.
The rebranding comes on the heels of the return of Belkin founder, Chet Pipkin, to the role of president and CEO. "Belkin has come a long way since the days I was building computer cables in my parent's garage," said Pipkin. "But I'm excited to be back leading the charge of a revitalized Belkin, one that is synonymous for quality, innovation, and, most of all, products inspired by the potential of people."
On the CES show floor for the first time since 2008, the innovations showcased in the Belkin booth in 2012 reflect this renewed emphasis on making quality products that enhance the role of technology in people's lives.
More information: Learn more about the new Belkin at http://www.belkin.com/. For full information on Belkin at the 2012 International CES, including high-res images, product press releases and company news, visit at http://www.belkin.com/CES2012.
New products launching globally at CES include:
WeMo Home Control Outlet
- Turns devices on or off, manually or by schedule, from anywhere, by using a smartphone
- Detects movement, and devices plugged into the WeMo Home Control Outlet can be programmed to react to motion
- Prototypes of these future WeMo products still in development will be showcased
- Access to multiple desktop peripherals and Gigabit Ethernet with one cable; prototype on display at CES
- A charging dock that automatically launches favorite apps when device is docked; Product on display is a prototype still in development
- A charging dock that turns your Samsung phone or tablet into a smart alarm clock; Product on display is a prototype still in development
- An interchangeable keyboard and folio system for a variety of Android tablets, including Samsung Galaxy Tab
- A portable Bluetooth® keyboard and stand solution for Android tablets
- An all-in-one Bluetooth® keyboard and protective folio solution
Products launching in the USDyle Mobile TV Adapter
- Belkin joins forces with MCV, a consortium of digital broadcast content providers, to offer new products that enable consumers to watch live broadcast television programming on smartphones and tablets when away from home; Product on display is a prototype still in development
- Sends content from an existing cable or satellite receiver to a smartphone or tablet, letting you watch your TV on the go through Wi-Fi or a data network; Product on display is a prototype still in development
- Wirelessly transfers personal or online content from any PC laptop to any HDTV with an available HDMI® port
- Belkin's most advanced wireless router features improved gaming speeds, fewer dead zones, increased download speeds, multiple device connectivity and improved reach
At Belkin, we are inspired by people. With more than 200 patents, Belkin invents products that harness the power of technology to enrich people's lives. From wireless home networking and entertainment, to mobile accessories, energy management, and a broad USB and cable mix, Belkin products connect the dots between people and technology. Belkin also provides public and private sector organizations with high-quality security, infrastructure, energy, and server-room solutions. A privately held company founded in 1983, Belkin has more than 1,200 employees in 25 countries. Headquartered in Playa Vista, California, Belkin can also be found on the web at Belkin.com/uk, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Belkin.UK and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Belkin_UK