Downloading a New Version of Firmware
- To download the new version of firmware, click the "Download Firmware" button below.
(Note: save the file to your desktop or some place easy to locate in the following step.)
- A window will open that allows you to select the location where you want to save the firmware file. Select a location. You can name the file anything you want, or use the default name. Be sure to locate the file in a place where you can locate it yourself later. When you have selected the location, click "Save".
- When the save is complete, you will see the following window. Click "Close".
The download of the firmware is complete. To update the firmware, follow the next steps in "Updating the Router's Firmware".
Updating the Router's Firmware
- In the "Firmware Update" page, click "Browse" (2). A window will open that allows you to select the location of the firmware update file.
- Browse to the firmware file you downloaded. Select the file by double-clicking on the file name.
- The "Update Firmware" box will now display the location and name of the firmware file you just selected. Click "Update".
- You will be asked if you are sure you want to continue. Click "OK".
- You will see one more message. This message tells you that the Router may not respond for as long as one minute as the firmware is loaded into the Router and the Router is rebooted. Click "OK".
- A 60-second countdown will appear on the screen. When the countdown reaches zero, the Router firmware update will be complete. The Router home page should appear automatically. If not, type in the Router's address (default = 192.168.2.1) into the navigation bar of your browser.