MARKETING/COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP (Unpaid) at SCHIPHOL-RIJK, THE NETHERLANDS
What you’ll do
The internship will start each year in August/September and in January/February for a period of 5 to 6 months, or longer (depending on your course!). As a Marketing and Communications intern at Belkin you will get solid exposure to Marketing in a fascinating international setting. This is an excellent learning opportunity within a supportive, friendly and stable organization.
Your role will be to assist in this busy MARCOM (which stands for Marketing Communications) with routine operational activities and depending on your career interests, with involvement in project work.
Are you up for learning how marketing strategies are applied into business, improving your communications skills, but mostly building and bounding within your team?
How you’ll do it
The intern for the MARCOM department is a mature, energetic individual that should take on the responsibility for marketing and communication management of the Belkin, including:
- Assist with entering and closing Marketing requests in a tracking program
- Update Point of Sale Reference (POS) Guide and Event kit presentations
- Manage the Marcom assets cabinet including the loan and return of POS units
- Assist with projects and tasks assigned by the Marketing Manager or the Marketing Services Manager
- Take meeting minutes and oversee meeting follow up
- Print GD reports for weekly meeting
- Manage database of instore planogram options and upload relevant files to correct location on intranet
If you are up to it, you can also have involvement in:
- Assist with developing written marketing material
- Copy edit internal company update communications
- Run training sessions
- Assist in localisation of text
What you’ll need
- Studying Marketing, Communication or other relevant Business Studies.
- Enrolled in University (HBO or University level) for the whole internship period.
- Available for an internship at least 5 months or longer starting mid-December.
- Good knowledge of the English language (written and spoken).
- Accurate with a good attention to detail.
- Pleasant open personality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good PC skills including MS Excel.
- Team player
- Presenting and communicating information
- Learning and researching
- Planning and organising
- Following instructions and procedures
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Adhering to principles and values
- Adapting and responding to change
What you’re getting into
We’ve got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding – for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you’ll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you’ll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
For more details and to apply for this position, email your CV and covering letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at www.belkin.com/careers
Facebook: Belkin Jobs
For creative roles, please ensure to have a link to your portfolio.
Belkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity.